Licorice Burns

Written By: Mel


Hi Folks,

My name is Danny Ladd. A while back someone posed the DP philosophy question, “What is the strangest implement your Top has used to punish you with?” I’ve been thinking about writing this answer but to be honest, it was kind of embarrassing. But I figure what the heck, you guys all understand, right?

You see, I have Type 1 Diabetes and Paul (my husband/partner) is a doctor, so to say that he keeps a tight rein on my diet and anything that affects my health, is the understatement of the millennium. Now don’t get me wrong, Paul isn’t an ogre. He’s just really careful with me. I can have some treats now and then, even including my favourite candy, licorice. But the rule we have is that I have to ask him first before I indulge and then he monitors my other sugar intake to balance it out. Of course he sometimes says no to my request if my blood sugar hasn’t been as good as it should.

So my sad story goes kind of like this. It was the day after Paul’s birthday, we’d been out for a real fancy dinner the evening before and I had been allowed to have a baked potato with my dinner, a roll, and a piece of cake for dessert. Might sound perfectly normal to most folks, but all those foods are filled with carbohydrates that drive my blood sugar way up. Paul told me that I had to be very good the next couple of days about sticking to my diet and not to be taking in what he calls empty sugars and what you all might call junk food.

I knew what I should be eating but temptation came up and bit me on the butt that very morning. I was finished with my morning classes and was sitting in the cafeteria having my very health lunch which Paul had packed, when my friend Mindy plopped herself down across from me. She had a big box with her and it was covered with pictures of kids having fun at some sort of summer camp.

“Hey, Danny, my friend,” she said with her most winning smile. “How about helping me out here? My church is trying to raise money to send a bunch of underprivileged kids to camp this summer and I gotta move this box of candy. So what can I interest you in?” She opened the box to reveal an assortment of chocolate bars, hard candies, mints, and sitting right there in the middle, a bag filled with strawberry licorice whips.

I tried real hard to say no that I couldn’t buy any candy, but those bright red, shiny licorice were just calling out to me. Making myself a promise not to eat them for a couple of days, I pulled out my wallet and handed over the cash. Mindy thanked me and moved on to her next victim.

I put the tempting candy into my backpack; hoping ‘out of sight, out of mind’ would help me. But once I’d finished my lunch the siren song began. I tried reading and studying but my mind kept going back to that juicy sweet candy. The devil voice inside of me began to chant ‘one little piece can’t hurt’. Finally I gave into it and pulled out the bag. Once again I made a promise, only once piece then I would put it away.

To make a long sad story short, by the end of the afternoon I’d polished off eight licorice whips.

I was in the den studying when Paul arrived home. “Hey, babe,” he said as he walked into the room. “How was your day?”

With the licorice totally forgotten, I jumped up to greet my lover. “My day was great, how was yours?” I asked as I wrapped myself into his arms and accepted his deep loving kiss. My question wasn’t answered as he pulled back from the kiss. Instead he gave me his most stern Toppish look.

“Do you want to explain what I just tasted in your mouth?” he asked.

‘Oh, frig! I was busted!’ “Ummm…. Not really?” I ventured.

His hand came down on my jean-covered backside with amazing strength. “Try that again, please.”

“I suppose it was um…licorice,” I whispered.

He pulled me over to the couch to sit with him. “Was there some part of what I said to you about not eating empty sugars that was unclear to you?” he asked.

“No, sir.”

“But you went out of your way to purchase licorice despite what you had been told.”

I shook my head vehemently at that. “It wasn’t like that.” I went on to explain about the fund-raiser and the way the candy had called out to me.

“Danny, I am not going to dignify the candy talking to you as a defense. And though I do appreciate that you wanted to help out Mindy with her charity, you could have just as easily given her a donation without accepting the licorice. Just how many of these things did you eat?” he asked.

When I told him I’d eaten eight his eyebrows shot up into his hairline. “Do you have more?”

When I nodded, he sent me to get them. I presented him with the nearly empty package. He pulled the two remaining pieces out of the bag and folded them over in his hand then looked at me.

“Danny, this is not the first time we’ve had this talk about the dangers of high blood sugar. You probably know the possible consequences as well as I do. Yet still you gave yourself over to temptation. Well, you claim that this candy talked to you today, tempting you with its sweetness, perhaps an appropriate response might be for the candy to talk to you in a less than sweet manner. Take off your jeans, please.”

I swallowed hard, not sure but suddenly wary of his plans. I slowly undid my belt and lowered my jeans to the floor. Paul reached up and took down my boxers as he pulled me across his lap.

As always he took the time to ensure I was in a good position and held me close to him. His hand came down very hard against my right butt cheek and a second later, just as hard on the left. He continued raining down a miserable pattern back and forth over both cheeks until I was sure they would burst into flame.

I was crying pretty hard when he stopped and I squirmed to pull off his lap but he held me tight. Next thing I knew there was a terrible burning line of pain laid across my already tender butt. I know I let out an awful screech. It was the licorice whips. He was using them to emphasize his point. Before it was over he’d laid down five more stripes, each one slightly lower than the one before, with the last one hitting the tops of my thighs.

Paul then pulled me up into his arms, being very careful of my burning bottom he held me close, raining kisses on my face that helped lessen the pain from the spanks he’d rained down on my butt. He spoke gentle words of love and caring as he held me.

As miserable as I was, I also knew I was much loved. Paul is pretty strict with me, but then it’s what I need. I don’t know how I would survive without him and I don’t ever want to find out.

Danny

P.S. In case you were wondering, I’ve lost my taste for licorice. It’s been six months since this happened and every time I see a piece all I can think of is the burn it can inflict.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment